Announcing Geocortex Essentials 3.15, Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 1.3 and Geocortex Viewer for Silverlight 1.10
Latitude Geographics is pleased to announce the general availability of Geocortex Essentials 3.15, the Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 1.3 and the Geocortex Viewer for Silverlight 1.10. These releases include significant amount of development, resulting in many new features and fixes.
Some new features require the latest version of Geocortex Essentials as well as the latest version of the viewers, therefore we are releasing all of these new product versions together. Below is a short list of the key additions included in these releases.
Geocortex Essentials 3.15
- Compatible with ArcGIS Server 10.2.
- Comprehensive Support for Coded Value Domains. A new feature called the Services Enhancement Proxy can be used to improve and standardize the handling of feature data with coded value domain fields, among other things.
- Standardized Presentation of date/time Data. The Services Enhancement Proxy is also used to standardize the presentation of date/time data.
- Access ArcGIS Online secure content. Public ArcGIS Online content has been supported since Essentials 3.12. With this release, administrators can now create sites and applications that contain secured content from ArcGIS Online.
- Feature Clustering. Flare Cluster Symbols on Feature Layers with colour and threshold control.
- Heat Maps. Heat Map symbolization on Feature Layers with colour gradient control.
Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 1.3
- Toolbar. Added a highly configurable toolbar component. Supports desktop, tablet, and mobile with shared or individual configurations.
- Legend. Added a legend for ArcGIS Dynamic Map Service layers, Feature Services, and basic WMS services. Functions in offline mode when working with Feature Services.
- Home Panel. Added support for a configurable Home panel.
- Printing Interface. Added an interface for printing.
- Sorting and Paging. Added sorting and paging to results in table views.
- Editing Enhancements. Resolved a number of issues around On Demand feature layers. Improved validation and enhanced support for types, sub-types, and coded domain values.
Geocortex Viewer for Silverlight 1.10
- Automatic Resolution of Coded Value Domains and Subtypes. When attribute values are displayed, the coded value description is now shown instead of the code stored in the geodatabase for fields with coded value domains or subtypes.
- Support for Heat Maps and Feature Clustering. Configure heat maps and clustering properties on layers in Geocortex Essentials 3.15.
- Support for Protected ArcGIS Online Content. The Geocortex Viewer for Silverlight now allows users to provide their ArcGIS Online named user account in order to access protected ArcGIS Online web maps and map services.
- Richer Support for Editing and Resymbolizing Existing Markup. Once markup is added to the map, users can now resymbolize that markup.
This is just a selection of new features in these new versions. Combined, these releases also include over 200 bug fixes and UI improvements. Please consult the release notes of each product for more detailed information.
This version of the Essentials API and the HTML5 Framework is compatible with version 1.2.1 of the HTML5 SDK. The TypeScript version of the API docs are forthcoming and will be published separately. The documentation for these APIs can be found in the SamplesViewer of the 1.2.1 release package.
Installers, release notes and supporting documentation can be downloaded by licensees with an active maintenance agreement from the Geocortex Support Center. If your account is handled by an authorized Geocortex Reseller, please contact your local representative for access to installers and documentation.
We will be making feature videos available for viewing in the Geocortex Support Center so that customers can learn more about new features introduced in these releases.