The conference is happening in April, and we’re trying to come up with some unique and/or new things for delegates to do when they’re not nerding out at the IMF/Geocortex User Conference.
Whale watching is always popular, but lots of people have already gone out in previous years. In addition, we’re thinking perhaps adding one or more of the following:
- trip to Butchart Gardens (to reinforce Victoria stereotypes) kayaking tours (done before, but fun and not done to death)
- feeding the seals at Fisherman’s Wharf (so close you can smell seal breath)
- surf lesson at Jordan River (hello waiver!)
- trip to Botanical Beach (giant trees up to the rugged beach, extraordinary inter-tidal pools)
- yardwork/chores at the Herle house (as authentic as it gets)
Does anyone have any other ideas? We’re also seeking good evening activities, in addition to the annual group dinner at a local brewpub.