Geocortex Essentials 2.3 Released
Today we cut the 2.3 release of Geocortex Essentials. If you are using or evaluating Geocortex Essentials you will definitely want to take a look at the features in this release.
We’ve introduced new features that a lot of our customers have been asking for, and the new installer is going to really help with installation, upgrades, site migration and overall management of Essentials deployments.
The Geocortex Support Center downloads page contains the installer, and related documentation including release notes.
I highly recommend consulting the release notes to get a complete understanding of what’s included in this release. In the meantime, here’s a quick list of highlights:
- The new installer
- Support for future in-place product upgrades (for example, upgrade from 2.3 to 2.3.1, or 2.3 to 2.4)
- Continued support for side-by-side installation
- Also allows side-by-side installation of the same version for multiple deployments on one server
- Site migration features (to migrate sites through environments like dev –> test –> prod, or to support migration from one version of Essentials to the next like 2.1 –> 2.3, or 1.5.2 –> 2.4)
- Dynamic Map Tips
- Map tips which query features on demand instead of all at once to leverage massive performance improvements over basic Map Tips
- Windows Integrated Single Sign-on for sites using Active Directory security
- New “Delta” project file type
- Saves only the changes made during a user’s session, so administrative changes to the site and map service are preserved when the project is restored
- New Save/Open project workflow
- Uses Save & Save As functionality
- Includes a server-side file browser for locating and storing project files
- New “Compact” report type displays selected information and search results in a compact form in the left side panel
- Interface redesign of the Selection Summary control
- Upload CSV File
- Extract user-created markup to shapefile
… and many others