Geocortex Essentials 4.3, Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 2.4 & Geocortex Mobile App Framework 1.2
Latest Geocortex release includes most feature-rich HTML5 viewer ever, accessibility for end-users with disabilities, inclusion of Android devices for offline scenarios
Latitude Geographics has released Geocortex Essentials 4.3, alongside Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 2.4 and Geocortex Mobile App Framework 1.2.
This release contains so many features and improvements that we got our customers involved early. We ran a month-long beta program and close to 200 customers provided their feedback to help us improve the quality of our software: thank you to everyone who participated… your input is extremely appreciated!
Geocortex Essentials has made some major improvements under the hood to improve performance. Instant Search – which allows you to scan across millions of indexed records – has been updated, and new Workflow activities are available to help streamline and automate even the most complex business processes. We’ve also included support for KML layers and folder configuration options with the help of icons and radio buttons.
The biggest news, however, is the huge leap we’ve taken with Geocortex Viewer for HTML5. We’ve added over 20 significant new capabilities and several enhancements, with a dedicated focus on improving user experiences across devices and in any environment. An optional compact toolbar, improved feature details, and drill-down map tips are available for all devices, and handheld devices have a brand new UX and UI. We’ve also helped make maps more accessible to end-users with disabilities by ensuring that all out-of-the-box tools and features are Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) 2.0 AA compliant.
Geocortex Mobile App Framework’s iOS and Windows versions have been improved, and support for Android devices has been added at the request of our customers. All three editions contain an “online/offline” toggle button and indicator when paired with Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 2.4.
Here are the highlights of this major release:
Geocortex Essentials 4.3
- Improvements to Instant Search to increase feature scanning speeds, recover errors and perform multiple service scans simultaneously
- Instant Search can now scan secured services and services with coded value domains
- Radio button layer behavior
- Support for adding KML files to a site
- Configurable copyright attribution for all service types
- New Workflow activities and improvements
- Layer security now supports related tables
Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 2.4
- WCAG 2.0 AA compliance (including support for screen readers and mouseless navigation of user interface)
- Completely new, upgraded handheld shell with a streamlined UX and improved UI
- Applications with fewer tools can now be arranged in an optional compact toolbar
- Pictometry® Extension for Geocortex Essentials is now an integrated, out-of-the-box feature
- Export map image to a variety of image formats and include georeferenced image metadata
- Display a configured overview map
- Support for displaying, identifying and querying KML layers
- Transition through multiple years of aerial imagery with a time-based basemap slider
- New Feature Details view allows you to arrange the feature description, attributes, hyperlinks, charts, related records and attachments in top-left, top-right and bottom panels
- Drill-down map tips return features from multiple layers beneath a clicked point
- Fixed-position displays for map tips
- Create sharable URLs with query parameters that preserve the current scale, map center, visible layers and selected theme
- Allow application sharing via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and email
- Export search, identify, query and measurement results to CSV, XLSX and shapefile formats
- Configure search selection display text when no results can be found
- Report mouse coordinates in map units, or lat/long in a variety of formats
- Configurable application footer to store hyperlinks or dynamic controls (scalebar, mouse coordinates, social media links)
- Automatically pan the map with tools that use shapes (lines, polygons, rectangles, etc.) when used near the edges of the map
- Report coordinates in a status message when geolocation is invoked
- Multi-tool widget allows grouping of similar tools into a fly-out menu
- 3rd party map integration container allows docking maps from Bing, Pictometry® and other sources
As always, there are also numerous minor features, various bug fixes and user experience enhancements included as part of this release. We recommend you consult the release notes for more detailed information.
Note: There is interdependence between Geocortex Essentials and our HTML5 viewer; implementing some newly-introduced features will require the latest version of Geocortex Essentials.
Current Geocortex customers: Installers, release notes and supporting documentation can be downloaded by licensees with an active maintenance agreement from the Geocortex Support Center. If your account is handled by an authorized Geocortex Reseller, please contact your local representative for access to installers and documentation.
Customers interested in learning more about some of the new features being introduced can watch a set of new feature videos that are available for viewing in the Geocortex Support Center.
Not a Geocortex customer yet? Visit our Discovery Center and get in touch with us.