Latitude Geographics is pleased to announce the general availability of Geocortex Essentials 3.14 and the Geocortex Viewer for Silverlight 1.9 which introduce a number of feature additions and incremental enhancements.
Geocortex Essentials 3.14
- Graceful handling of services with intermittent availability; allows Geocortex sites to continue operating when referenced map services are unavailable
- Printing with graticules
- Ability to configure the default visibility of layer labels
- A new generic utility REST endpoint for extracting FeatureSet geometries to Shapefile (Used by Extract Markup to Shapefile functionality in Geocortex Viewer for Silverlight 1.9)
- Support for ArcGIS Server 10.1 Cached Image Services
- An updated language tool to help support translation of both Geocortex Essentials Manager and the Geocortex Viewer for Silverlight
- Performance improvements; and
- New and updated Geocortex Workflow activities, including the ability to set the default value(s) of ComboBox and ListBox form items with runtime modifications
Geocortex Viewer for Silverlight 1.9
- A “Home” panel feature, provided primarily at viewer start-up to focus users’ attention on key information and application capabilities; these can be created and customized using basic HTML markup
- Toggle visibility of layer labels from the layer list
- Scale-dependent base maps. When a user zooms within set scale ranges, the base map service becomes visible; when the user zooms out of scale range, the base map becomes invisible
- New toolbar button to extract and download user-created markup as a Shapefile; and
- Users can change the geographic coordinate system associated with their on-screen mouse coordinates
Both releases also include various bug fixes and user experience enhancements. Please consult the release notes for more detailed information.
Installers, release notes and supporting documentation can be downloaded by licensees with an active maintenance agreement from the Geocortex Support Center. If your account is handled by an authorized Geocortex Reseller, please contact your local representative for access to installers and documentation.
Customers interested in learning more about new features introduced in Geocortex Essentials as well as the Geocortex Viewer for Silverlight are encouraged to watch a set of new feature videos that will soon be available for viewing in the Geocortex Support Center.