We are a software and services company that is headquartered in Victoria, BC. Our mapping technology has helped customers make better, important decisions that impact real people, society at large, and the natural world. For example, we help:
- Citizens evacuate before hurricanes;
- Scientists track the movements of species like polar bears;
- Agencies clean up after oil spills;
- Engineers create safer highways;
- Businesses figure out where to locate;
- Firefighters save lives and protect critical infrastructures; and
- Companies remediate contaminated sites.
Working here is a great place to work: we engineer software using new technologies; we follow and help define emerging best practices; and we love implementing good ideas. And, while we usually aren’t the kind of company to chase after awards, we were honoured to be recognized by the Victoria Advanced Technology Council (VIATEC) as the “Technology Company of the Year” for 2015.
Since 1999, our core values have guided every decision we have made. We believe strongly in treating others how we’d want to be treated, and in building technology that allows the people who use our software leave the world a better place than we found it. We’re always striving to build a better company, and to do that well requires top-notch people working together.
We like to have fun, work hard and keep our standards high. If your values align with ours and you’re truly interested in contributing your best and reaching towards your full potential to help build something special – something extraordinary – let’s explore if Geocortex is a fit with your background and future.
We hire and retain great people, pay fairly, and make our company the kind of place employees enjoy coming to every day. We’ve built our business based on growth, and we help our employees grow along with us.
- Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples’ ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology (that makes the world a better place)
- Free access to a company library
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
- We’re recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We’re debt-free and profitable
- We only take on ethical projects(our software license agreements even tie in the UN Declaration of Human Rights, the Geneva Conventions of 1949, and/or the Geneva Protocols of 1977)
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, and profit sharing
- A beautiful 19th Century office building, located in the heart of downtown, overlooking Victoria’s Inner Harbour
- Company ocean kayaks stored at a nearby marina (a five minute walk away)
- An amazing rooftop patio (complete with BBQ and ping pong table)
- Secure bike storage & showers
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Thursday lunchtime speakers (lunch supplied)
- Good coffee (we know how important this is) and free healthy snacks