Latitude Geographics is a software and services company that is headquartered in Victoria, BC. Since 1999, our Geocortex mapping technology has helped customers make better, important decisions that impact real people, society at large, and the natural world. For example, we help:
- Citizens evacuate before hurricanes;
- Scientists track the movements of species like polar bears;
- Agencies clean up after oil spills;
- Engineers create safer highways;
- Businesses figure out where to locate;
- Firefighters save lives and protect critical infrastructures; and
- Companies remediate contaminated sites.
Latitude is a great place to work: we engineer software using new technologies; we follow and help define emerging best practices; and we love implementing good ideas. And, while we usually aren’t the kind of company to chase after awards, we were honoured to be recognized by the Victoria Advanced Technology Council (VIATEC) as the “Technology Company of the Year” for 2015.
We believe strongly in a meritocracy, and in treating others how we’d want to be treated. We’re always striving to build a better company, and to do that well requires top-notch people working together.
Though we also like to have a bit of fun, we work hard and our standards are high. If you’re truly interested in contributing your best and reaching towards your full potential to help build something special – something extraordinary – let’s explore if Latitude is a fit with your background and future.
We’re comfortable going on record saying that Latitude Geographics is an awesome place to work. We hire and retain great people, pay fairly, and make our company the kind of place employees enjoy coming to every day. We reward top performers and stay true to doing right by everyone. Since 1999, we’ve built our business based on steady, sustainable growth – we’re growing and think our future is bright!
- Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples’ ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology (that makes the world a better place)
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
- We’re recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We’re debt-free and profitable
- We only take on ethical projects (our software license agreements even tie in the UN Declaration of Human Rights, the Geneva Conventions of 1949, and/or the Geneva Protocols of 1977)
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, and profit sharing
- A cool “non-Office Spacey” downtown location overlooking Victoria’s Inner Harbour
- Company ocean kayaks stored at a nearby marina (a five minute walk away)
- An amazing rooftop patio (complete with BBQ and ping pong table)
- Secure bike storage & showers
- The Latitude Legends softball team hits the field every spring
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Thursday lunchtime speakers (lunch supplied)
- Good coffee (we know how important this is) and free healthy snacks