For over half a decade, more than 120 oil & gas companies and pipeline operators have implemented Geocortex Essentials; our intuitive web mapping solution helps them automate and streamline business processes, and they leverage its framework to integrate spatial data with other critical business systems. Our team has supported the unique demands of energy organizations by tailoring their implementations through professional services and product development, extending the core Geocortex Essentials suite.
The last five years have been an exciting and transformative time for Latitude Geographics, for our clients, and for the industry. Through this time, a few notable things have happened:
- Geocortex implementations have been proven, and these implementations are providing substantial value and benefits to the organization. Whether it be processes that have been streamlined and simplified through Geocortex Workflow technology, the ease of administration of the ecosystem of sites organizations apply, or the intuitive interface of Geocortex, operators have been able grow the number of users through the organization. Because of this, our solutions have become more deeply embedded, and are becoming crucial decision making tools, saving some customers hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
- The global oil & gas economy has forced energy organizations to be more efficient and uncover new ways to use the systems and tools they already have in place. Due to the rapid development nature, ease of implementation, and scalability of Geocortex technology, many organizations are finding they can operate more efficiently through their investment in Geocortex.
- Client implementations have matured, the user-base has grown, and advanced users are looking to extend Geocortex with distinct and powerful functionality. Whether it’s integration with asset management, work order management, or other key business systems, Geocortex is being pushed further to do more.
- As we have worked through these advancements with our clients, our subject matter expertise has expanded significantly. Whether the expertise has grown from the work we have done alongside our clients, or through hiring individuals with industry experience, we have developed a deep understanding of the complexities of industry data standards and regulatory requirements. This positions us to provide far better advice and guidance to our customers.
Introducing the Geocortex Energy team
In response to the rapid adoption of Geocortex, the ever-changing industry landscape, and a desire to better serve our customers, we are excited to introduce you to our dedicated Geocortex Energy team! We are focused on leveraging industry and client experience, coupled with the Geocortex framework, to build solutions and services that will continue to redefine how energy users engage with spatial data.
The Geocortex Energy team is comprised of two groups: Business Development and Solutions. Our Business Development team, Rob Lenarcic and Quinn Abbey (familiar names for many of our clients) continue to drive new business, support our energy customers, ensure continuity in the services we provide, and showcase our newest offerings.
The Solutions team consists of several individuals that continue the tradition of crafting best-in-breed solutions and services – with a dedicated focus on workflows that address the specific challenges of oil & gas organizations. Led by me, Sam Acheson (Energy Solutions Manager), the team also includes Tom Kasmer (Project Manager and Business Analyst), and Software Engineers Yongzhi Zhu, Colin Aspinall, and Christian Morin (our resident Software Architect).
The team has already started collaborating with clients to develop new and exciting technology solutions built with Geocortex, and we can’t wait to show you what we’ve come up with!
In the coming months, we will be sharing more information with you via this blog; if you’d like to hear more about our latest solutions – and learn how the Geocortex Energy team is continuing to help oil & gas organizations – be sure to connect with us at these upcoming 2017 events:
- Esri Petroleum GIS Conference, April 12-13: Houston, TX
- Esri International User Conference, July 10-14: San Diego, CA
- Pipeline Week, October 3-5: Houston, TX
(You can also catch a webinar I recently hosted here.)