Review the advantages of using Geocortex Printing (GXP), and then learn about Geocortex Printing components and the GXP architecture.
- Describe the features of GXP
- Describe how to launch the Geocortex Print Designer
- Describe the GXP architecture
- Describe the Geocortex Printing VM development configuration
- Configure the GXP development VM
Learn how to use the GXP print templates to print maps in GVH and in the WAB viewer.
- Explain how a print template organises map data
- Create a print template using a sample print template
- Explain how to use print templates to print maps in GVH
- Print maps in GVH
- Explain how to use print templates to print maps in the WAB viewers
- Print maps in the WAB viewer
Learn the skills and knowledge you need to customise the sample print templates; add, select and configure layout component properties, and learn to manage property inheritance to quickly and consistently format the components of a layout. Practice creating and applying styles as an alternative to formatting individual control appearance properties and learn how to format label and panel controls to support print fields.
- Describe the components of a sample print template
- Describe how to configure print template controls
- Practice configuring print template controls
- Explain the role of inheritance in formatting controls
- Use property inheritance to format controls
- Describe how to create print fields
- Practice creating print fields
- Describe how to format a component using a style
- Use styles to format layout components
In the IGxP application lab, apply your new skills to configure the components of a sample print template to “make it your own”. Though this lab suggests a method and provides the supporting procedures and data, learners are encouraged to find their own way to complete it.
- Summarise the tasks needed to configure a sample print template
- Configure top panel controls
- Configure main panel controls
- Summarise how to format a chart for clarity
- Configure bottom panel controls
- Configure notes panel controls
- Configure legend panel controls
Product: Geocortex Printing
Skill level: Starter
Duration: 1 day
Terms & Conditions: Click here to review our training policies.
Learners familiar with Geocortex Essentials and Geocortex Reporting who wish to acquire additional skills and knowledge to produce customised print templates to create map prints using the Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 (GVH) and Esri’s Web Application Builder (WAB).
To get the most out of this course the following prerequisites are recommended:
- Fundamental knowledge of Geocortex technologies
- Fundamental knowledge of ArcGIS technologies
- Fundamental knowledge of GIS concepts
The scheduled training below offers you an online, instructor-led classroom experience, but you can also take courses when they’re more convenient for you! Self-directed course delivery includes:
- 3-5 consecutive days’ access (dependent on course) to a Geocortex training environment
- All course materials
- Access to a Geocortex instructor during office hours
All self-directed courses are offered at the same prices as their instructor-led equivalents.